Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Marketing Has Gone To The Dogs

I haven't put a weblog together in 3 months, I got writer's block I guess. Thought I might as well come back to the arena and share some thoughts. Here goes my "comeback" as a blogger.

I always like to see witty marketing ideas but this one made me laugh because I thought most dog lovers were sold on the ingredients & not the packaging. I love my dog Tabatha, she isn't picky about what she eats, she is more picky about where she eats it (dragging a few bits from the bowl to the carpet type thing).

Carly gets some groceries and comes home with Kibbles & Bits for Tabs. But not just regular Kibbles & Bits this is "HomeStyle with Roasted Chicken & Vegtables". The "HomeStyle" and "Roasted" is the part I found funny. The HomeStyle part I get because Tabatha ONLY drinks the toilet water from our "Home" when we forget to top up her bowl. Tabatha doesn't care about the roasted part, she has got her paws on a lot of raw meat over the years. The thing is it's all about the packaging, the picture of the nicely sliced chicken on the bag made my mouth water a bit when Carly brought it home. Point is, I think she bought it because of the attractive package and not because it said "100% Complete Nutrition".

And about Tabatha not being picky, we thought we were going to lose her because she was so sick for a couple days throwing up. Just before we were going to take her to the vet I discovered the issue. Carly made egg rolls in a deep fat fryer around X-mas and we poured the excess oil into several used containers. To get them off the counter that day I put them in the basement, to later get rid of them. Tabatha consumed every container with out us knowing, probably in a single feeding. About 2-3 litres of oil went through her for a couple days. They were not even "HomeStyle" egg rolls.


And then there is Gizmo, I miss that little guy.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

Welcome back! ok thats gross with the tabs and the oil! but i do remember when Carly cut my hair once at your first place and Tabs sneaking up and grabbing chunks of hair and running off eating it! I guess she will eat anything!!! :)

Jen

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger TDC said...

I thought you hadn't posted cause the convoy was still losing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home