Thursday, August 17, 2006

Chef Adrian

I am not close to a chef but I am a better cook than I am a soccer player. I rarely use recipes, just sort of wing it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I write it down, most times I don't. Sometimes it's not spicy enough, sometimes too spicy. Enough with the sometimes. I cooked up a chinese feast of chicken, mixed veggies, and brown rice. It was one of the ones that worked out well but I only have the pictures to remember what I did. Like I said, some stuff I whip together doesn't work out so well but most do, so I have to start documenting my culinary tries. Carly almost always does the clean up which isn't easy as I tend to be a little on the messy side. When I bought my first house Heidi gave me a book called "The Starving Students' Cookbook". Really a basic book with some easy quick recipes and tips but I think it may have been the building block of my culinary talents. She wrote on the inside cover "Although your're not a student, thought you could use some HELP! Luv Heidi & Al - May 1996". Wow, just over ten years ago. Like I said it's a simple book but proved helpful over the years. Carly bought me another book a few Chrismas' ago that is really good. It is called "Dad's Own Cook Book". It has the basics and the complicated, written by a professional caterer. I enjoy cooking (or just trying) but I don't know exactly why. Same with blogging, I don't know why I enjoy it, I just do. I also tend to make too much when I cook, the last picture here is just the left overs, there was only Me, Carly, and Cass for dinner.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Me said...

you never cooked for us when we visited...only donairs! :)
I like to cook too, I have a recipe that i made up for a really good sheperds pie if you want it. Doug loves it.

Jen

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I like your cooking Adrian, and chinese... especially when your cooking veal, i mean chicken, i mean veal.... what was that ? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home