Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ever Say Something & Regret It Later?

Most times when people say stupid things it's not because they really mean it. I think words are often said just because someone is desperate to hit a nerve and get a reaction. Ever call somebody stupid knowing they are not really stupid? What's funny is that most people wouldn't call somebody that is actually "Intelligently Challenged" a stupid person. Even if it's true it can still be cruel, depends on the person. However, I tend to say it like it is (which can get me into trouble) but at times say it like it isn't to try and hit a nerve or to protect someone's feelings. If you are saying anything to someone you are looking for a reaction, postive or negative. So the theory is if your upset with someone or yourself why not say something that will hit that nerve and provoke retaliation. Of course it will backfire if the words don't get the reaction your looking for and the other person doesn't care what you are saying. Violence is what hurts, I hear a good punch to the kidney area is a bitch (Hope I can say that word and not offend the female dog population). Here is the current comparison I was leading up to. I would love to be wealthy but never want to be famous. Fame comes with the pressure to please too many people all at the same time. My favorite actor (Mel Gibson) is getting the heat from his recent DUI, and .... How shall I put it? .... He had a few profanity laced anti-semitic remarks that he may have really wanted to keep to himself. He had the right to remain silent, just not the ability. So the media circus has begun and I am sure it will go on for weeks. There is no doubt he has done wrong with the drinking and driving and his remarks but he admitted his wrongdoing and apologized, not once, but twice so far. My beef with the whole thing is the constant talk about damage control. Media and Jewish groups are demanding more of an apology or explanation for the incident. I especially dislike the comments from these so called "magazine experts" that are saying what he needs to do and that he has an up hill climb to save his career. Mel Gibson is a guy that doesn't need to protect a career, he has enough money to "get by" if monetary damage was his concern. So I think his apology was sincere, and he is even willing to meet with Jewish Leaders to help him understand why he said the things he said or did. Even though his real life character William Wallace got his privates sliced off at the end of Braveheart, Mel has still got some balls to meet with a bunch of people that don't like him and offer to sit down and talk about the whole thing. Whatever rant he went into was probably not because he was mad at the officers or Jewish people but more mad at himself for getting into the situation. Mel is supposed to be a big believer in Christianity, probably the forgiveness part is his favorite. I bet Jesus himself had a 0.12 alcohol level from time to time (I mean, come on, he could turn water into wine). Jesus just didn't have a 2006 Lexus LS430 at local restaurant and try to drive it home.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea to have a pic of the car Mel owns. Gives a more tactile feel to your blog.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Me said...

I like it. It was a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home