Thursday, July 06, 2006

Some Classics Are Better Left Alone

Yesterday I watched The Pink Panther (Remake). Well I think you can tell from the posted picture what I thought of it. I couldn't believe how bad it was because for the most part I like Steve Martin, The Jerk is one of my all time favorite movies. I have the originals on DVD and remember them from VHS as a kid since the series of movies started in the 60's. They just should have left it alone. I guarantee no sequel to this one. If you are familiar with Peter Sellers (Clouseau from the originals) then you should know about the movie "The Party" where he plays an Indian who gets invited to a party by mistake. I hope they leave that one alone as it cannot be improved, it's a classic that should not be revisted. It's like Seinfeld, it's done, it became an instant classic. New characters would never work, I hope they never revisit Seinfeld. I think remakes and revisions generally are not as good as the originals, mostly because they tend to take things too far and make them unrealalistic, but that's just my opinion.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Heidi MacInnis said...

Keep em coming! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home